The campaign wrap-up has been nearly completed now. Everyone should have had one or more emails about their pledges, refunds or activation of donations for the Gooseberry Pilot project. Good news is that nearly all of the bigger sponsors stayed on board, we hardly had to do refunds for PayPal either! We’re now waiting for the biggest chunk – people who pledged to join Blender Cloud but who didn’t pay yet.
Here’s a short overview of our current todo items and plans.
- Pablo Vazquez is now working full-time for Blender Institute. He will work on the Blender Cloud webdesign, navigation/lay-out, and migrate over a lot of more (old) tutorial content.
- Francesco Siddi also works on Cloud – doing support, payment systems, and coordinate further development there with Inez Almeida (who’s here next week).
- Andy Goralczyk works on Creature Factory 2 now. He will be here tomorrow/sunday to schedule the work – but for fun mostly and hangout with Matt Ebb who visits us as well. The CF2 project is meant to get a full release in Blender Cloud.
- Sebastian Koenig will work on updating and new tutorials for his well known “Track Match Blender” tutorials.
- There are also plans to upgrade scenes from Big Buck Bunny and Sintel to Blender 2.71. More about that later.
- Sergey Sharybin is working here for three weeks. One week was for motion tracking and libmv, one for subsurf and bug fixing, and next week for planning Gooseberry too.
- Next week we have Brecht van Lommel, Antonis Ryakiotakis and Lukas Toenne here for Gooseberry planning as well. Lots of stuff to discuss and get aligned well together.
- End of next week Bart Veldhuizen is here to help us to conclude the asset/content management research – and we’ll schedule what to do next.
- After next week, Mathieu Auvray and Esther Wouda will work here with us on the story, synopsis and scheduling the work for the coming months.
- A more solid financial estimate will be made this month, so we can also define how many people can work here, and/or in other units.
- Recruitment calls could go out end of May too! We might need a full-time storyboarder here in july/august. Contact me.
- We have a very nice grant to hire writers/reporters to make sure Gooseberry is well documented and communicated. This should get started up now too.
- Aim is still to keep the month calendar clear to do Blender Institute office reconstructions. We’re already using it since 2007 – it’s getting shabby.
- Gooseberry blog and cloud.blender.org will get a lot of upgrades
- Antonis+Lukas start working here full time (and live in Amsterdam)
- Mathieu starts working here on the script + storyboarding, with Esther too.
- David Revoy comes over as well! He is on board as concept artist but will work mostly from his quiet home studio.
- Aim is to have story and concept development (text, art, storyboards) all be available for our cloud subscribers! But we’ll share a good amount here on the blog for everyone too.
- Same as July.
- Siggraph is this month too!
- Either this month or some weeks or a month later the rest of the team members come over to start working on the Gooseberry Pilot. This will be more clear end of May only.
Yep, we’ll be busy :)